1. take place=happen發生（沒有被動） The battle took place in 1945,and it took many lives.
2. take the place of… = take one’s place 取代、代理…某人地位 I will take your place one day.
3. take part in = join in 參加 I took part in your graduation ceremony last year.
4. take / write notes 做筆記 I took notes every class.
5. take care 小心、保重
6. take care of = look after 照顧、照料 A babysitter takes care of the babies.
7. take a rest = rest 休息 I need to take a rest after running ten miles.
8. take a break 休息一下、暫停 Let’s take a break.
9. take a bath 洗澡、泡澡 After the soccer game, I took a bath.
10. take a shower 淋浴 After playing sports, I took a shower.
11. take a nap 小睡片刻 After watching TV , I usually take a nap.
12. take a walk 去散步
13. take a trip = go on a trip 去旅行 I took a trip to Swiss last week.
14. take a holiday 休假 My employer allowed me to take a holiday after I finished the project.
15. take one’s chance 碰運氣(冒險) You have to take your chance to make money by writing.
16. take pictures (photos )of 拍….的照片 I enjoy taking pictures of my family.
17. take medicine 吃藥（eat soup 喝湯） The doctor told me to take medicine on time.
18. take temperature 量體溫 The nurse will take your temperature in a minute.
19. take/have a seat = seat oneself = be seated = sit down 坐下
Ms. Wang, take your seat, please.
20. take it easy 別緊張
21. take it seriously 看的很嚴重 Mom took it seriously that I stole some money from her.
22. it takes + 人+ 時間 + to V = 人spend + 時間 + Ving
It takes me three hours to fly to America.
23. take one’s time over 事從容地做… You can take your time over your dinner.
24. take off 脫掉、起飛 Take off your shoes before going inside my house.
The airplane took off just now.
25. take up 佔據、拿起來 Please take up your pens.
The rebels took up my territory.(反抗者佔拒我的領土)
26. take sth down 把….拿下來 Help me take the paintings down.
27. take away 拿走 My brother took my TV set away. Now I can’t watch TV.
28. take back 收回 Sorry, I take what I said back.
29. take +人+物= take 物to 人拿…給某人 My sister took my laptop to my mom.
30.take one’s order 幫某人點餐
31.take a course 修課
32.take a/the/one’s 交通工具 to 地方搭乘某種交通工具前往某地
33.take action 採取行動
1. run over 輾過 It was a close call! You nearly ran over my toy cars.
2. jump over 跳過 Wow, that’s awesome. The man just jumped over the wall in a wink.
3.all over/around the world 環繞全世界 Lisa has traveled all over the world.
1. blow over 吹倒 The typhoon hit southern Taiwan, and blew many trees over.
2. fall over 摔倒 On a rainy day Joe fell off the bike and fell over in the mud.
3.come over 過來 Come over here.
4. over and over （again）一次又一次 You cheated on me over and over again.