1. drive sb. crazy/mad/nuts/bananas 逼使人發狂
That stomachache almost drove me nuts.
2. be mad about/for = be crazy about/for 著迷；癡狂
She is crazy about Hello Kitty.
她對Hello Kitty 很著迷。
3. be mad at/with + 人 生氣
be mad at + 事
He was mad at/with me.
He was mad at this.
4. make up 虛構；補償；化粧；構成；合好如初
Water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen.
He has missed several classes, so he is working hard to make
up for the time lost.
I don’t buy his story. He made it up.
True ladies are not supposed to make up in public.
I apologize for what I said and want to make up (with you).
5. make sense 有道理；合理
You are not making sense.
6. match sb. in sth. 在某方面與某人相比
= compete with sb. in sth.
No one can match him in playing chess.
7. at the mercy of = at the disposal of 在~掌握之中
Some people believe that their fate is at the mercy of God.
8. in a mess = in disorder = messy 亂七八糟
Your room is always in a mess.
9. mind one’s own business 勿管閒事
Will you kindly mind your own business?
10. take sides with 袒護
He tends to take sides with the weaker party.
1. by no means 絕非；絕不
He is by no means an absent-minded professor.
2. in no time 很快；立刻
The job was finished in no time.
3. none of sb. business 不關某人的事
My age is none of your business.
4. be noted for = be famous for = be well-known for 以~聞名
France is noted for wine and cosmetics.
5. have nothing/something to do with 與~無關/有關
I have nothing to do with that scandal.
6. ( every ) now and then = sometimes = from time to time
= at times 偶而；有時
( Every ) now and then we visit our aunts.
7. take/make an oath 發誓
He took an oath that he did not steal the money.
8. object to = be opposed to = oppose = be against 反對
I strongly object to this proposal.
9. out of order = broken 故障
cf. in ( good ) order 情況良好；有次序
My radio is out of order again.
10. one after another 陸續的；輪流
The children came forward one after another to be given a
present from their teachers.