1. be entitled to 具有~資格；應得
You are entitled to the reward.
2. be envious/jealous of + O 嫉妒；羨慕
envy +人 + sth.
I am envious of your luck.
I envy you your luck.
3. set/give a good example 做好榜樣
Older brothers are often expected to set good examples to
their younger brothers.
4. see eye to eye with sb. 與~有同感；與~看法一致
I rarely see eye to eye with him .
5. go to extremes 走極端；太過分
We should not go to extremes in doing anything.
6. catch one’s eye = attract sb. 吸引；引起注意
That picture catches my eye.
7. keep an eye on = watch ( over ) carefully 密切注意
Please keep an eye on my purse.
8. face to face 面對面
I would like to talk face to face with you.
9. keep a straight face 板起面孔；保持嚴肅
How come you always keep a straight face?
10. to one’s face 當面
Such as praise you to your face but stab you in the back are
not real friends.
1. make/pull/wear a long face 拉長臉；不高興
When told that they must get ready for bed, the children
pulled a long face.
2. without fail 必定；無誤
I’ll get there on time without fail.
3. fall on one’s knees = get down on one’s knees 下跪
Suddenly, he fell on his knees.
4. fall/come apart = fall/come into pieces 瓦解；破裂；淪亡
The Communist tyranny will fall apart eventually.
5. be/fall short of 缺乏
We are short of food and water supplies.
6. fall in love with 愛上
cf. have a crush on sb. 暗戀 ~ 人
I’ve heard that Bill has fallen in love with Jan.
我聽說Bill 愛上Jan 了。
Rumor has it that Jack has a crush on Debbie.
7. 人+ be familiar with +事物/人 對 ~ 熟悉
= 事物/人+ be familiar to +人
I am familiar with this song.
= This song sounds familiar to me.
8. out of fashion 不流行
cf. in fashion 流行中
This hair style is out of fashion now.
9. go too far 過分
Don’t go too far or play with fire..
10. find fault with + O = criticize + O 對~挑剔
Stop finding fault with my friends.
1. to the full(est) 充分地
Education helps us exert our potential to the full(est).
2. in favor of 支持；贊成
We are in favor of the government’s new law.
3. for fear ( that ) + 子句 害怕；惟恐
He is working very hard for fear that he should fail.
4. for fear of + 受詞 害怕；惟恐
He ran away for fear of being caught.
5. be fed up with 受夠了 ; 感到厭煩
I am fed up with your lies.
6. feel like + Ving / N. 想要
I feel like going to a movie.
I feel like a cup of coffee.
7. figure out 想出；理解
Can you figure out what he meant？
8. fill in 填寫入 ( 名字、電話號碼、地址. . . 等資料 )
fill out 填寫 ( 表格 )
Fill in your name please.
Please fill out this form.
9. fill up 加滿
Fill it up please.
10. hold/split one’s sides with laughter 捧腹大笑
I couldn’t help holding my sides with laughter when I heard