1. regardless of 不管；不顧
Regardless of danger, the life guard tried to save the drowning boy.不顧危險，那救生員試著救起那溺水的男孩。
2. with/in regard to = regarding = concerning 關於
With regard to your request for admission, we will take it into consideration.至於你的要求入學(入會)，我們會考慮的。
3. remind sb. of 使某人想起
What you just said reminded me of my high school life.
4. in return (for+ O) 報答
I bought her a painting in return for her help.
He bought me a photo album, and I bought him a book in return.
5. get rid of 擺脫；除去
You should get rid of your laziness.你應該除去懶惰。
6. get even with 向~報復= revenge oneself on = be revenged on
I will get even with him for his insult.
7. make reservations 預約
I have made reservations for you at the Grand Hotel.
8. serve sb. right 活該
It serves you right. = You deserve it.你活該。
9. give rise to = lead to = result in = bring about= contribute to = cause導致；造成
Racial discrimination may give rise to violence.種族歧視可能導至暴力。
10. keep in touch with 與~保持聯絡 lose touch with 與~失去聯絡
I still keep in touch with many of my high school classmates.
1. run out of 用盡
I am running out of gas.我的汽油用光了。
Our money is running out.我們的錢用光了。
2. rule out 排除；刪除
We can’t rule out that possibility.
3. safe and sound 安然無恙
They finally returned home safe and sound.
4. at the scene = on the spot 當場
The thief was caught on the spot.
5. succeed + at/in + Ving / N 成功
succeed + 人 繼承 ~ 人(的職位或地位)
succeed to + O 繼承頭銜、財產......等
You can’t just dream to succeed.
It is not difficult to succeed at jogging.
The prince succeeded the king.
The heir succeeded to the huge property.
6. be in search of = look for 尋找
The birds are flying south in search of warm sunshine.
7. set up + O 建立；裝設；設圈套陷害
set + 代名詞 + up
They just set up a new computer system.
It was a setup. I believe they tried to set me up.
8. second to none 不亞於任何人；最好的
He is second to none in physical strength.
9. be sworn in ; swear sb. in 使某人宣誓就職
The President elect will be sworn in tomorrow.
10. see sb. off 送行
We went to the airport to see him off.
1. send for 延請
He is very ill; you must send for a doctor at once.
2. the last ~ 最不可能
He is the last person to tell a lie.
3. be sentenced to + N 被判決
He was sentenced to life imprisonment.
4. set/put aside 保留；儲蓄
I set aside 1000 dollars each month.
5. settle down 安頓；定居
We plan to settle down in Taipei.
6. keep in shape = keep healthy = keep fit 保持健康
Plenty of physical exercise will help keep you in shape.
7. be sold out 賣光
All the tickets are sold out.
8. look on / look at / see + the bright side of 樂觀
Try to look on the bright side of things.
9. show up 出席
He failed to show up at the meeting.
10. be sick of = be tired of = be disgusted with 厭惡
I am sick of snobs.