例：(1) William is taller than Samuel.（William身高比Samuel高。）
人 身高比較 人
(2) The car is more expensive than the truck.（那輛汽車價格比那輛卡車貴。）
車 價格比較 車
字尾為「子音＋y」，去字尾 -y 加 -ier
字尾為「子音＋y」，去字尾 -y 加 -ier
例：(1) good → better (2) bad → worse
(3) many / much → more (4) little → less
(5) far → farther / further (6) old → older / elder
3.有些雙音節形容詞，字尾直接加 -er，也可在字前加 more 來形成比較級
例：(1) quiet → quieter / more quiet
(2) polite → politer / more polite
(3) simple → simpler / more simple
(4) common → commoner / more common
1. elder 為英式英語，用在指家庭關係中表示長幼順序中「較年長的」，且用在名詞之前。
例：【○】Jeff is Amy’s elder / older brother.（Jeff是Amy的哥哥。）
【○】He’s two years older than Amy.（他的年紀比Amy大兩歲。）
【╳】He’s two years elder than Amy. → elder要放在名詞之前
例：【○】My home is farther / further than the library.
【○】For further information, please ask Jane.
【╳】For farther information, please ask Jane.
例：(1) A-Rod became famous in 1990. Chien-Ming Wang was later than him.
(2) Between Rivera and Chien-Ming Wang, the latter one is younger.
（在 Rivera 與王建民之間，後者比較年輕。）
＊ 很少 few – fewer – fewest + 可數名詞
little – less – least + 不可數名詞
例：The bread smells better than the cake.（這個麵包聞起來比那個蛋糕還香。）
˙整句式翻譯 1. Harry比William Harry is younger than William.
2. Ben比Eason高。 Ben is taller than Eason.
例：Yesterday was hot, but today is even hotter.（昨天很熱，但今天甚至更熱。）
→ 比較兩天的天氣，由於前一句已說明比較對象，故後一句省略than yesterday
例：1 The climate of Kaohsiung is hotter than that of Taipei.
→ 比較高雄和臺北的天氣，省略重複的名詞the climate，改用代名詞that。
2 The bananas in this basket are sweeter than those on the table.
→ 比較籃子裡和桌子上的香蕉，省略重複的名詞the bananas，改用代名詞those。
(4) 若比較的對象為相同的人或物品時，可將句中重複出現的「所有格＋名詞」以「所有格代名詞」 代替。
例：Her ruler is longer than mine.（她的尺比我的尺長。）
→ 比較兩個人的尺，省略重複的名詞ruler，改用所有格代名詞mine（= my ruler）
(5)「兩者之中」的比較：「A＋be動詞＋the＋形容詞比較級＋of the two（＋複數名詞）.」
例：1 Nancy is the more beautiful of the two.（Nancy是兩者之中比較漂亮的。）
2 David is the smarter of the two boys.（David是這兩個男孩之中比較聰明的。）
(6) 形容詞比較級前，可以加上副詞much、a lot、a little、even來修飾，但不可用very直接修 飾形容詞比較級。
例：【╳】He is very taller than his father. → very不可直接修飾比較級taller
【○】He is much taller than his father. → much修飾taller
1. Your apple is bigger than her.
Your apple is bigger than hers.
2. Justin is more healthier than his brother.
Justin is much / a lot healthier than his brother.
3. Canada is more bigger than Taiwan.
Canada is much / a lot bigger than Taiwan.
4. Her book is good than Emma.
Her book is better than Emma’s.
5. Yoga Lin’s songs are popularer than you.
Her book is better than Emma’s.
2. Which（＋單數名詞）＋is＋形容詞比較級, A or B?
例：Which is sweeter, the apple or the mango?（這蘋果和這芒果哪一個比較甜？）3. 原級比較：「A＋be動詞或連綴動詞＋as＋形容詞原級＋as＋B.」。
例：(1) Terry is as handsome as Bob.（Terry和Bob一樣帥。）
(2) My cat looks as big as your dog.（我的貓看起來和你的狗一樣大。）
＊Jack is not as tall as Tom.
Tom is taller than Jack. = Jack is shorter than Tom.
I don’t have as many books as you.
You have more books than I.
= I have fewer books than you.
This car isn’t as expensive as that one.
That car is more expensive than this one.
= This car is cheaper than that one.
＊Jack is not taller than Tom. 不完全等於 Jack is shorter than Tom.
I didn’t come earlier than you. We may come here at the same time.
I don’t have more pens than you. Maybe I have as many pens as you.
例：The weather is getting colder and colder.（天氣越來越冷。）
5. 「the＋比較級句子, the＋比較級句子」用來表示「兩個事物的條件一起改變」。
例：The smaller the bag is, the lower the price is.（袋子越小，價格就越低。）
1. Going camping is more interesting (interesting) than being a couch potato.
2. This computer is better (good) than Henry’s.
3. Sue is as hard-working (hard-working) as Lee. They are both good students.
4. Jay is as young (young) as Tiffany. They are both thirty-one years old.
5. America looks a lot bigger (big) than Taiwan on the map.
6. Taipei 101 is taller (tall) than the Empire State Building（帝國大廈）.
7.The old man is as healthy (healthy) as a teenager because he practices
8. Hsinchu（新竹）is windier (windy) than any other city in Taiwan.
( A ) 1. Tom is than Jerry.
(A) taller (B) more tall (C) tall (D) very tall
( C ) 2. China is than Japan on the map.
(A) more (B) more big (C) much bigger (D) much big
( B ) 3. Jogging is than playing baseball. But playing baseball is more interesting.
(A) easy (B) easier (C) much easy (D) still easy
( A ) 4. Natasha and Stephanie are twin sisters. Natasha is as as Stephanie.
(A) old (B) older (C) much old (D) more old
( B ) 5. I am sick all the time, but my sister is never sick. She is than I am.
(A) healthy (B) healthier (C) much healthy (D) more healthy
( D ) 6. Pope’s life is busier than . He has to visit a lot of countries every year.
(A) my (B) I (C) me (D) mine
( B ) 7. The boy is than other kids. He isn’t outgoing（外向的）.
(A) quiet (B) quieter (C) very quiet (D) much quiet
( C ) 8. Baseball fans are this time than last time because the pitcher（投手）did something（某事）wrong again.
(A) sad (B) more sad (C) sadder (D) very sad
( B ) 9. The food smells than yesterday. Please just throw it away.
(A) bad (B) worse (C) very bad (D) very worse
( A ) 10. Mariah Carey sings the song I’ll Be There beautifully. I can’t think of any other singer with a voice.
(A) better (B) good (C) more
( C )11. Lucy looks in pants than in a dress.
(A) beautiful (B) as beautiful (C) more beautiful
(D) much beautiful
( B )12. Cathy was than everyone else（其他人）when she won the game.
(A) very happier (B) much happier
(C) a lot happy (D) much more happy
( D )13. The oranges in the bag are fresher than in the basket.
(A) it (B) that (C) them (D) those
( C )14. Helen’s house is bigger than . (A) my (B) me (C) mine (D) I am
( D )15. The cat is as a small tiger.
(A) big (B) bigger (C) more big (D) as big
1. John is thirty years ( older / elder ) than his son.
2. This computer is ( bad / worse ) than that one.
3. The black jacket is expensive, but the white one is even ( expensive / more expensive ).
4. Vicky is as ( polite / more polite ) as her sister.
5. The pants are ( very / a little ) shorter. We need to get another pair.
Tim is stronger than Jack.
Susan’s hair is longer than Mary’s.
Paul is the heavier of the two students.
The hamburger tastes much / a lot better than the pizza.
Which subject is more difficult, math or science?
Copyright © 莓子貓坊 All rights reserved 版權所有 轉載必究