1. blow out 吹熄 If you blow out a flame or a candle, you blow at it so that it stops burning.
2. burn /go out 熄滅、燒盡 If a fire burns itself out, it stops burning because there is nothing left to burn
- 3. get out 出去 Get out of my room, Tony.
- 4. take 物out 取出、拿出去 Please take out your stuff and leave here.
- 5. take 人out 帶…外出 Father took me out to dinner.
- 6. dig out 挖掘出、發現 I dug out some important facts.
- 7. watch / look out 小心 Watch out for the angry dogs.
- 8. ask sb out 邀某人出去 Are you asking me out?
- 9. carry out 實踐 She finally carried out her promise to quit smoking.
- 10. point out指出 He pointed out the mistake to me. 他向我指出錯誤。
- 11. help out 幫助…擺脫困境 If you help someone out, you help them by doing some work for
them or by lending them some money
◎ 有介詞 of 的片語：
- 1. be afraid of 害怕 I am afraid of swimming.
- 2. be scared of 害怕 She is scared of Mr. Lin.
- 3. be sick / tired of 討厭、厭倦 I am sick of your arrogance and rudeness.
- 4. be full of = be filled with充滿 The pond is full of shrimps.
- 5. be sure of 確定 I am sure of his coming.
- 6. be proud of 以…為榮 I am so proud of your bravery.
- 7. be short of 缺少 The office is short of paper now.
- 8. because of 因為… I won’t go fishing today because of the storm.
- 9. in place of 人代替某人 I went to Africa on business in place of my coworker.
- 10. instead of 人或事、物 取而代之 I went to SOGO department store instead of the bookstore.
- 11. run out of 用完… The bathroom has run out of the toilet paper.
- 12. remind sb of sth 使某人想起某事
This hotel reminds me of the one we stayed in last year.●
- 13. think of 想起 Listening to the song makes me think of you.
- 14. hear of 聽說 Have you heard of the matter?
- 15. worst of all 最糟糕地 Worst of all , I lost my all savings in a night.
- 16. first of all 首先 First of all, you have to wash up your face and then make up your face.
- 17. out of order 發生故障;違反議事規則;順序紊亂
My radio is out of order. I need to buy a new one.
- 18. out of danger 脫離險境
We are nearly bitten by the sharks. Fortunately, we are out of danger now.
- 19. out of date 過時的 Your news is out of date.
- 20. out of season 非盛產季節 Pineapples are out of season now.
◎ 有介詞 to 的片語：
- 1. be new to 對….不熟、沒經驗 Though he was new to the work, he was doing it very well.
- 2. be / get used to Ving習慣於 I got used to staying up late when I was a student.
- 3. be junior to 比…年輕、資淺 I am junior to you by 2 years.
（junior to 已經是比較級句型,不用than）●
- 4. be senior to比…年輕、資深 I am senior to Alex in the office.
（senior to 已經是比較級句型,不用than）●
- 5. be known to ….是….所熟知 Obama is well known to Americans. ●
- 6. be married to 嫁給…. Nina was married to Joe 5 years ago.
- 7. be similar to… 跟…相似 Your house is similar to mine.
- 8. be the same as… 跟…一樣 Your hat is the same as mine.
- 9. listen to 聆聽 People should listen to their hearts.
- 10. lead to 導致、引導到 All roads lead to Rome.條條大路通羅馬●
Your laziness led to your failure.
- 11. invite…to… 邀請去… Mrs. Huang invited me to dinner.
- 12. introduce …to 向…介紹…. Allow me introduce my cousin to you guys. ●
- 13. belong to …（沒有被動）屬於… The house and the car belong to me.
- 14. help oneself to 自行取用…. Please help yourself to the food.
- 15. pay a visit to sb = call on sb = visit sb 造訪、拜訪 I paid a visit to my cousin last week.
call at +地點造訪某地 I called at Disney island last summer.
- 16. pay attention to Noun/Ving 專注於…. You must pay attention to the details. ●
- 17. 事情happen to 人某人發生某事 What happened to you two days ago?
人happen to V 某人恰巧….. I happen to have two tickets for a great concert tomorrow.
- 18. answer to …的答案 What is the answer to that question?
- 19. key to ….的鑰匙、關鍵 This is the key to success in business.
- 20. get to 地方 抵達… I need to get to the local market at 5 p.m.
- 21. to one’s surprise,…. 令….驚訝的是，….. To my surprise, Jay won the award.
- 22. prefer …. to….. 喜歡…..勝過…. I preferred black tea to coffee. ●
- 23. according to 根據 We are not able to go mountain climbing according to the broadcast.●
- 24. 物be used to VR 物被使用來做…. The solar purse is used to charge cellphone.
- 25. 物 be used for V-ing 為…而使用某物 The chocolate is used for making cake.
- 26. be sure to V確定去做某事 Be sure to get up early tomorrow.
◎ 有介詞on 的片語：
- 1. on TV 在電視節目中 I saw my friend, Linda appear on TV.
- 2. on the TV 在電視機上 Your wallet is on the TV.
- 3. on the school team 在校隊中 I was playing basketball on the school team then.
- 4. on the radio 在收音機裡 I like to listen to the latest pop music on the radio.
- 5. on the phone 在電話中 Don’t talk loudly on the phone during the movie.
- 6. on the cell phone 在手機中 Don’t talk on the cell phone for a long time. It costs a lot!
- 7. on the CD player 在CD播放機中 I like to listen to the radio on the CD player.
- 8. on the computer 在電腦上 Students in Taiwan learn how to create a paper on the computer.
- 9. on the Internet 在網路上 I met my key pale, Linda on the blog on the Internet.
- 10. on the screen 在螢光幕上 Children should not watch violent content on the screen.
- 11. on the top of the mountain = on the mountaintop 在山頂 My house is on the mountaintop.
- 12. on the mountainside 在山坡、山腰上 I have a villa on the mountainside.
- 13. on the farm 在田裡、在農場裡 I kept many sheep, goats ,and cattle on the farm.
(＊ in the field 在田野間、on the ranch 在牧場上、in the pasture在牧場中)
- 14. on earth 在世界上、究竟 There are seven wonders on earth.
What on earth are you talking about? 你究竟在談些什麼？
- 15. on vacation / on holiday 休/渡假中 My family are on vacation now.
- 16. on business 因公出差 Ms. Chen went on a trip to France on business.
- 17. on sale 在拍賣中 The china is on sale.
- 18. on a diet 節食中 My mom is always on a diet.
- 19. on time 準時（in time 及時） I have to go to work on time.
- 20. on the weekend 在週末 I like to watch HBO’s movies on the weekend.
- 21. on weekdays 在工作日 Please call the clerk on the weekdays.
- 22. on Mondays = every Monday每週一
- 23. depend on 依賴 My family’s income depends on my father’s salary.
- 24. live on …以…為主食、靠…維生 Most Asians live on rice.
- 25. on the bed 在床上 Don’t lie on the bed all day.
- 26. on foot 用腳走 We have to go to the villa on foot right now.
- 27. go on +Ving = keep/continue + Ving 繼續 Let’s go on reading the article.
- 28. on one’s own = by oneself 獨自、靠自己 I want to make money on my own.
- 29. focus on = concentrate on 專注於 As a student ,You must focus on the study.
- 30. get on the bus/train/plane/MRT捷運/gondola(纜車) 上公車/火車/飛機/捷運/纜車(可站立)
- 31. get off the bus/train/plane/MRT捷運/ gondola(纜車) 下公車/火車/飛機/捷運/纜車(可站立)
- 32. get in the car / taxi/cable car(纜車) 上車/上計程車/上纜車 (不可站立)
- 33. get out of the car / taxi/ cable car(纜車) 下車/下計程車/下纜車 (不可站立)
◎ 有副詞on 的片語：
- 1. put on ..穿上 Put on your pants and T-shirt.
take off 脫掉 Take off your clothes.
- 2. turn on 打開 I turn on the TV and watch the latest news every night.
turn off 關掉 Don’t turn off the lamp.
- 3. try on 試穿 It is a nice blouse. You may want to try it on.
- 4. put on weight 增加體重 God! He has put on much weight lately.
- 5. lose weight 減重 Girls always think about how to lose weight quickly.
- 6. hold on 稍等 Please hold on. I will have Mr. Collin speak to you.
- 7. pass on = pass away = die 死亡 My grandpa passed on naturally.
- 8. pass on 繼續下去 ,傳遞
◎ 有副詞down 的片語：
- 1. break down 故障 My computer broke down 10 minutes ago.
- 2. fall down 倒下來 A bridge fell down in London two days ago.
- 3. burn down 燒毀 The fire burned my villa down last week.
- 4. put down 放下 Put down your weapon.
- 5. turn 人down 婉拒某人 The pretty girl has turned me down several times.
- 6. turn down the radio 把收音機關小聲
- 7. turn down the heater把暖氣機關小一點
- 8. turn down the volume把聲量關小一點
- 9. turn up the radio把收音機開大聲
- 10. turn up the heater把暖氣機開大一點
- 11. turn up the volume把聲量開大一點